Thursday, March 17, 2011

Free Malaysia Heritage Walk

kl heritage walk

I love to 'WALK' within place I lived, especially when travel overseas is become a 'luxurious' for me.
How happy I am when I know that there are group of people (who call themselves Be Tourist) conducted the free walk.
Malaysia Heritage Walk is free, starting from the meeting point of Central Market’s Door Entrance at 10.30am every day.

kl walk


From Central Market itself, the walk took us past historical landmarks like Masjid Jamek to appreciate its Islamic architecture and Moghul and Moorish designs, Lebuh Ampang which was originally made famous by the Chettiar community from South India after they established money-lending establishments along this road, Jalan Tun H.S.Lee previously known as High Street with some of the oldest shophouses around, the Lebuh Pasar Besar or Old Market Square where Yap Ah Loy used to run his opium and gambling dens, and Jalan Hang Kasturi where the row of shophouses known for selling dried seafood and Chinese herbs, are left with just one or two today dealing in the same trade.

I took the Free-walk few months back.

Those are some of my sharing.
1
Every building have their own story behind.


2
We respect each others religion.


3

Some places that we tends to forget
4

8

5

Lifestyle
6

7

Thank you sweet Ely (our tour guide) for given us such details information (can't find in any travel book) and accompany us under the hot sun.

Yumi Sugiyama (friend that I met in the Walk), I 'm so sorry about the disaster that happen in Japan now. Pray for the peace and safe for all the people.

No comments: