Sunday, September 13, 2009

Monks at prayer


Monks at prayer in the Samye Ling Shrine Room

Europe's oldest Tibetan Buddhist Monastery

Samye Ling is situated in Eskdalemuir in South West Scotland, Kagyu Samye Ling was the first Tibetan Buddhist Centre to have been established in the West. It is a centre for wisdom and learning within the Karma Kagyu tradition of Tibetan Buddhism and is open to people of all faiths and none.

Founded in 1967 and currently under the guidance of Abbot Lama Yeshe Losal Rinpoche, Samye Ling is part of Rokpa Trust, a registered charity which has three main areas of activity: spiritual, humanitarian aid, and Tibetan medicine and therapy.

**********************************
Jaqi Wright so kind to send me dozen of postcards. This Monks at prayer is one of my favorite.
During my May trip to Silk Road, China.
One of the itinerary was to visit the Tibetan Monastery.
However, we were not allowed to take any photos in the Shrine Room.


2 comments:

MrCachet said...

I do not do postcards, but I do make envelopes from old maps: http://oldpaperart.blogspot.com/2009/09/try-try-again.html

Let me know if I can create one either from a map (you'd have to send me one) of yours, or if you'd like one of mine. Leave a mail address on my blog post or send me an email: ddcachets@gmail.com

Snap said...

Wonderful postcard. Wonderful information about Samye Ling. Thanks!