Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Oaxaca , Mexico




Thank you to Belinda for willing to send me this postcard during her trip to Oaxaca, Mexico.

Oaxaca State is located in the south-east portion of Mexico. It is bounded in the north by Veracruz and Puebla, in the east by Chiapas, in the west by Guerrero and in the south by the Pacific Ocean.The name of Oaxaca comes from the Nahuatl word Huayacac. Its roots are Huaxin (kind of acacia) and Yacalt (peak, edge, top), top of the acacias.

Oaxaca, the State Capital, declared Humanity’s Cultural Patrimony by UNESCO, owes its fame to the beauty and harmony of its architecture, the richness of its cultural traditions, the wide variety of its typical foods, and its soft temperate climate, spring-like throughout the year.

And what excited me about.....

Belinda also get me Michael deMeng autograph on the postcard as well.

What a happy day for me :)





* The postmark was stamped on 31 Oct' 08, but I only receive it today :p



1 comment:

Chris said...

Oh, my, this is so cool! Isn't it great when friends think of us and do things that are so thoughtful? I love that.