Thursday, June 25, 2009

Map Postcard of Olsztyn, Poland



A F e s t i v a l o f P o s t c a r d s

The Topic for June Submission is MAIN STREET.

I just felt that this Map postcard quite unusual from the ordinary one which display the Street Map clearly.

Olsztyn is located in the northeast part of Poland, on the Lyna River.
The Olsztyn , as the post-war suburbs , the city are cluttered with displeasing grey buildings and factories. After reaching the city centre, however, you will discover that Olsztyn has much more to offer than the usual post-war greyness. This is where Olsztyn hides all of its most precious treasures, most notably the picturesque Old Town full of impressive sights and monuments.

3 comments:

itsallgroovy said...

Hopped onto your blog today. LOVE IT!! You have done a great job. Thanks for sharing. I look forward to visiting again :-)

Sheila said...

It's a very unusual map card. I've never seen detailed streets like that

Evelyn Yvonne Theriault said...

Thank you very, very much for taking part in the Main Street issue of A Festival of Postcards.
As I've told you a few months ago I really love your map postcards and you've inspired me to start a map collection myself!
Evelyn in Montreal